So, you've subscribed to the best video streaming service on the internet. While you get to binge watch your favorite shows without advertisements, there are still plenty of things you are missing out on, which include live sports, the most popular talk shows and of course, the local news.
You have heard your friends talking about all these new prime time shows, but you are still skeptical about exploring your options. Well, here's the good news, you can access all kinds of free TV content just by investing in an inexpensive TV antenna.
Now, you're probably wondering, isn't having a TV antenna old-school? Here's where you are wrong. Over the years, television antennas have advanced just like other forms of communication. However, to ensure you get the best value for your money, we suggest you invest in an outdoor TV antenna.
Hey! By the way… any links on this page that lead to products on Amazon are affiliate links and I earn a commission if you make a purchase. Thanks in advance for your support!
*Notice: On mobile devices, scroll right to see entire table.
The Best Outdoor Antennas
Best Attic TV Antenna
Best Rooftop TV Antenna
What Is An Outdoor Antenna
Are you tired of paying a ridiculously high price for satellite or cable only so you can keep up to date with your favorite prime shows and sports channels? We understand how you feel! Well, rest assured because there are far more inexpensive and simpler ways to watch TV, namely, outdoor antenna.
The excellent outdoor antenna is here to put all your problems to rest. Not only will it help you save money in the long run but it will also allow you to the best local channels after only paying once, which means you don't have to pay any monthly payment or sign a binding contract. Just purchase the antenna, and you are ready to go.
Best of all, you can use some outdoor antenna models both indoors and outdoors. Most outdoor antennas are relatively easy to install and come with a detailed instruction manual. The antenna will pick up signals in no time and is also designed to withstand the toughest weather conditions.
Some outdoor antennas can also be used to pick up radio signals so that you can enjoy the best of both worlds. Simple research about what channels you can access from where you live and let the hunt for the best outdoor antenna begin.
Why Should I Purchase An Outdoor Antenna
While most people opt for an indoor antenna, it is not the best option if you want the best results. You have to place indoor antennas near the TV, which means it may face problems receiving signals through materials such as concrete.
The antenna has to operate against electronic interference. This interference can degrade reception and negatively impact the signals. Because of all these reasons, it is far more practical that you purchase an outdoor TV antenna.
If you already have cable TV, you can still benefit from an antenna. An outdoor antenna will come in handy the next time your satellite or cable blacks out. Much like how you can always tune into the radio, the frequency is always reliable which means you won't ever have to go without your favorite shows.
Factors To Consider While Purchasing Outdoor Antenna
Before you make a final purchase, here are a couple of factors you should keep in mind while buying an outdoor antenna:
Find Out What Channels You Can Access
Before you buy the best outdoor TV antenna for your needs, it is crucial you get a vague idea about what channels you receive in your area. You can use an online tool to find out. All you need to do is type in all your details, including your address and you will receive notifications about all the channels your TV antenna will receive.
The number of channels you receive typically depends on the distance of your house from the broadcast tower, the type of residence and the height on which you install the antenna. People who live in metro areas are likely to pick up more channels as compared to individuals who live in the countryside.
Fortunately for you, an outdoor TV antenna is likely to receive more signals and will allow you watch the best channels.
Here's the thing, there is no such thing as antenna power because the antenna does not generate power. So, when manufacturers are advertising their products, they are talking about the antenna’s gain. The gain has a direct impact on the reception.
Rooftop Vs. Attic Installation
When investing in an outdoor antenna, you can choose between an attic or rooftop model. While the roof is typically considered as the best place to install the antenna, the attic will work fine. However, ensure the antenna signals can penetrate the roof materials. However, if you have an aluminum roof, it is essential you set up the antenna outside.
TV channels broadcast over VHF and UHF frequencies. If you want to receive the most channels in your vicinity, consider investing in an antenna that has both VHF and UHF capability. Opting for an antenna with a single frequency range is too restrictive and is not recommended at all. Opt for an antenna with the dual capability to reap the most benefits.
Multi-directional Or Directional
As the name indicates, a directional antenna points to a single direction in efforts to improve signals in that particular direction.
A multidirectional antenna need not be fixed in a particular direction and can receive signals from multiple directions at the same time. You should invest in a multi-directional antenna, particularly if the channels you watch transmit from different directions.
Interference refers to hindrance that makes it difficult for your TV to receive various signals from all around. Thanks to tall buildings, interference has become a huge problem. However, one should not ignore electronic interference.
The appliances inside our homes not to mention, wireless devices and electrical equipment all contribute to more electronic interference. Fortunately, antenna users can improve reception by placing the antenna above the ground.
The height of the antenna directly impacts its overall range. The antenna height can lessen nearby interference and boost the overall quality of reception. If your favorite channels are coming from far off location, consider mounting your antenna on the mast for better signals.
Buildings, hills, trees can weaken and deflect signals, which is why you should position the antenna in an elevated space for a better reception. While signals are capable of passing through walls and other kinds of surfaces, weaker signers may result in signal disruption. Position the antenna on your rooftop, ensure it is at the highest level.
Tips For Installing Your New Outdoor Antenna
Follow these simple tips for installing your new outdoor antenna:
Want To Invest In A Product That Is Worth Every Penny
Outdoor TV antennas are making a comeback and are a reliable way to ensure you always have access to your favorite shows. However, investing in the best TV antenna can be a challenging task.
After all, there are several features one needs to consider. Rest assured, we have compiled a list of some of our top recommendations that will benefit you. Check out some of our top recommendations:
The Best Outdoor Antennas
Winner: InstallerParts Amplified Outdoor HDTV Antenna
The InstallerParts Amplified Outdoor HDTV Antenna is among the best outdoor antennas in town. The easy to install antenna will sit comfortably on your rooftop and allows users to benefit from crystal clear HD TV programming.
Best of all, you don’t have to for a satellite dish. Thanks to this fantastic outdoor antenna, folks need not worry about losing reception during harsh weather conditions. Making a purchase guarantees, you have access to best channels around. Depending on where you live, you can watch the following channels: ABC, FOX, NBC, PBS, RTV, THE CW and much more!
This particular TV antenna is durable and enables you to enjoy your favorite shows regardless of the weather outside.
Notable Features Of This Outdoor Antenna Include
- Easy Installation: Unlike other HDTV antennas that feature complicated setup instructions, this set is relatively easier to install. Your purchase will arrive with a handy user manual, allowing you to take the DIY route when installing the antenna.
- Multiple Built in Features: The HDTV antenna has many built-in features that will blow you away. These include a handy 360-degree rotor that you can use to locate the best reception. The digital TV antenna also features a super low noise amplifier.
- Weather Resistant: With this antenna, you don’t have to worry about losing reception when it’s windy or raining outside. This high-end TV antenna will come completely weather resistant and will find you the best reception no matter what.
- Convenience: To ensure you don't have to waste your time adjusting the position of the antenna, this model comes with a handy wireless remote control. Use this cool remote control to change the placement of antenna while lazing around on your couch. The antenna also has dual TV outputs to improve utility.
- Excellent Long Range Reception: The long range reception enables you to gain reception within a 150-mile range. This feature makes this antenna among the best in the market.
Runner Up: Mediasonic HOMEWORX HDTV Outdoor Antenna
When it comes to versatility, you cannot go wrong with purchasing the Mediasonic HDTV Outdoor Antenna. You can use this high-quality HDTV antenna for accessing both standard definition channels and high definition channels.
This particular model features durable construction and is made using the highest quality materials that can withstand the toughest weather condition.
This antenna works well for both suburban and urban settings. You can watch local DTV and HD broadcasts for free. Unlike most antennas that come at a similar price, this one has a reception range of up to 80 miles.
Notable Features Of This Outdoor Antenna Include
- Dual UHF and VHF Frequency: Now you can enjoy almost all of the channels in your area because this antenna has dual UHF and VHF Frequency.
- Up to 80 Miles Reach: Unlike most antennas of the same price, this one has a reception range of up to 80 miles, which allows you to enjoy channels that are far out of your reach. Enjoy crystal clear images within a radius of 80miles.
- Easy Installation: Not only does this outdoor antenna feature a compact design, but it is also quite easy to install. You can install the antenna yourself without the help of a professional.
- 31.9-inch Antenna Length: Thanks to the 31.9-inch antenna length, you don't have to worry about interference and can watch your favorite shows in peace. However, the purchase does not include an antenna pole, so you will have to purchase it for an additional price.
Best Attic TV Antenna
Check out some of our top recommendations that will benefit you:
Winner: GE 33692 Attic Mount HD Antenna
Installing an HD antenna means you can access free local TV channels as well. You can consider buying the GE 33692 Attic Mount HD Antenna if you are not sure about which model to purchase. This super-cool attic antenna will remain out of sight and will not crows your lovely living room.
The HD antenna receives TV signals and offers superior performance. The active TV antenna works well with all HDTVs. New time users will be pleased to know the antenna comes with a detailed set of instructions. Customers will also be happy to know the TV antenna comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
Notable Features Of The Product Include
- America’s Most Reliable Brand: GE is among the best brands in town and people refer to it as America's #1 Antenna brand. GE is a name you can trust as the brands have been around for years.
- Watch Free HD TV: Thanks to this antenna, you can watch free HD TV shows from networks like Fox, CBS, Univision, CW, and loads more.
- High-Performance Design: The antenna features a compact highly efficient design that allows you to mount the antenna to receive the best reception. Now, you don’t have to worry about signal drop outs and can watch all your best shows for free.
- Easy to Mount: The antenna comes with a mounting bracket which makes mounting the antenna in the attic a real breeze. The purchase comes with a detailed set of instructions on how to install the antenna.
Runner Up: 1byone Amplified Outdoor Antenna with Omni-directional
The 1byone Amplified Outdoor Antenna features a futuristic compact design that you will love. The antenna is not only used to install, but it also takes minimal space. The Omni-directional antenna allows folks to receive reception for local channels regardless of the direction of the broadcast tower.
Rest assured, 1byone is a brand you can trust. The company has said to have catered to over 1 million customers. Thanks to the 360° reception base, do not have to worry about adjusting the antenna manually.
The antenna has superior receiving ability and is constructed using durable materials.
Notable Features Of The Product
- Super Easy Installation: The 1byone Amplified Outdoor Antenna is super easy to install which means you don’t have to use any tools in the process. The package comes with a set of accessories that will aid you in the installation process.
- Omni-directional Reception: Thanks to the 360 omnidirectional reception, you do not have to worry about manually fixing the TV antenna, which not only allows you to receive better signals but the materials of the antenna are also much better in quality compared to Yagi antenna.
- New Compact Design: The TV antenna features a new modern design that is also weather resistant. The small size of the antenna cuts down on wind load so that you can receive signals on a rainy or windy day. The antenna also features a snow-proof/waterproof design that offers optimal protection to the antenna and results in minimum interference.
- Never Pay for Satellite or Cable Fees Again: After purchasing this Antenna, you don’t have to worry about paying expensive satellite or cable fees. After making a nominal investment, you can access the best sitcoms, news, and entertainment channels all for FREE.
- Easy Setup: The antenna comes with a longer cable which makes set up a relatively easier job, which allows you to conveniently position the antenna in the area where it will receive the best reception. This easy setup is exceptionally beneficial for folks who have their TV sets placed away from the window.
Best Rooftop TV Antenna
Here's the best roof TV antenna that you can buy:
1byone 80 Miles Digital Amplified Outdoor
This high-quality outdoor antenna can cover an 80-mile range. The company uses top notch materials for manufacturing it. After investing in this antenna, you don’t have to worry about paying a cable or satellite fee for the rest of your life.
The 1byone Digital Amplified Outdoor is compatible with almost all kinds of television sets. It's reliable and functional system allows you to enjoy HD programming without paying an additional fee. The superior sound quality allows the antenna to withstand harsh weather conditions without losing connectivity.
Notable Features Of The TV Antenna Include
- Never Pay for Cable: Thanks to this awesome antenna, you don’t have to worry about paying for expensive cable TV. All you need to do is install this antenna, and you will have access to some of the best local channels, all for free. Just install the antenna using the coaxial cable and perform a quick channel scan, which will allow you to enjoy free local HD programming all for an incredibly low price
- High-Quality Construction: The TV antenna is made using the best quality materials, featuring a multi-element design, which allows you to watch TV even with the worst weather outdoor conditions.
- Receive Free UHF Signals and Watch Free Local HDTV: The superior quality TV antenna allows users to pick up HD and free UHF signals so that you can watch the best programs. After making a nominal investment, you have access to a large number of channels.
- Buyer’s Guarantee: Customers will be overjoyed to find out that the antenna comes with a 1-year warranty. Customers can also benefit from a 30-day money back guarantee, which ensures a risk-free purchase, so you don't have to worry about wasting your money.
These are just some of the best outdoor TV antennas that you can buy. If you want to learn more about these products, consider checking out their customer reviews on Amazon, which will give you an idea of whether the outdoor TV antenna is worth the purchase or not.
Hopefully, this detailed guide has provided you all the information you need regarding purchasing the best outdoor TV antenna. Once you have bought the best model, you will no longer have to worry about paying expensive cable fee.